Thursday, May 8, 2008

Cloud

I heard a story once of someone describing the winter weather in Washington to a relative living in the sunny south: "There's only one cloud in the sky," he said. "It stretches from Ketchikan to Kelso." (The former is in Alaska and the latter is in the southern tip of Washington State.)

That is the type of day today is: Cloaked in light grey fabric velvet is the sky today. Beautiful. I had a breakfast meeting and wished I brought my camera, as the sentinels of Cornwall Park were absolutely beautiful this morning while riding my bike through the mist enshrouded trees on my way home from a morning meeting.

Back to work, with hopefully a productive morning, and an afternoon break to watch the Rockford Files on The Channel. This is the peak era of quality television programming - especially the glamorization of California (from an East Coast perspective) in the mid-seventies before it was raped in the eighties and trashed in the nineties. (Just my opinion.) Those are my nostalgic sentiments as I sit on hold on the telephone waiting to get a quote on shipping a big truck across the US via rail.

No comments: