Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Lapse

Oops. I have forgotten to make my daily web log entries with the same alacrity of spirit that I once had. I missed a day here or there, but will still post regularly - hopefully daily. But much is happening and now that the days are growing longer I find that I shut of my computer at the close of business and have no desire to turn it back on. Computers suck major time out of my life. And although they replace most forms of media in my life, my pursuit of "news" has mostly waned.

But here is a picture of one of the beautiful rhododendrons blooming in the yard. Someone once described my house as "the one with the big rhodies in front." I can live with that.

We have another permaculture work party scheduled for this weekend. There is a movement afoot in Bellingham regarding turning lawns into gardens, and like many other things in life, I do not know how I ended up in the center of this trend. But it is fun to organize these events and the gardener types are wonderful people. Besides, I am learning a tonne about gardening in this time of steadily increasing food prices and uncertainty about the future food stream in our world. Time to get back to work, as it's nine a.m.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

with such an eventful,energetic, fruitful life, we can excuse a missed day or two, here or there~