Sunday, August 26, 2007


Here's a picture looking up the street (to the north) from my front yard. It was taken a few days back.

Sore feet and legs today. We practically ran down the last 1,000 feet (of the 1,300 ft vertical) and the bare feet didn't help matters. Justin was his name and as he came bounding up (or actually down) the trail behind me, seeing me carrying my shoes, he said "you must be hardcore." I was thinking more along the lines of clueless or reckless. Hardly hardcore.

I needed to relax a bit, so I rode over to see a movie at the Pickford: Rescue Dawn. Personally, I'd wait until it comes out on DVD. But I put the television away in the garage, so I was craving a movie or something to veg out in front of for a few hours.

It's been cloudy and I've been running into people that are moving to avoid going through another Pacific Northwest winter. Many people (like Californians) can't handle the overwhelming clouds and head back after a few years. Some come in the summer and fall in love with the area, only to become horribly down when the weather becomes perpetually grey and dreary, or ethereal and mystical - depending on how you look at it.

Seattle is notorious for its constant overcast skies and precipitation, and Bellingham is even cloudier and rainier. People that move here strictly because of the cheaper housing market are apt to not be very happy in Bellingham. Oh well.

I think I am happy here. Of course I miss people and places from my past, but there are still plenty of friends and memories to be made. Time to get back to writing a biz plan. G'nite.

No comments: