Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Productivity rises; mine falls...

I read this morning how the productivity of the US worker rose again this past quarter. Great. The average US worker already works an average of forty hours a year longer than our counterparts in second place: the Japanese. US workers are by far the most overworked in the industrialised world. Remember how we commented in the eighties how the Japanese were so overworked? Not anymore. Now we're the fools.

I wish I could say I was more productive today, but I wasn't. I fearfully cling to the edge of not having to go back to the corporate world. I might just make it here in Bellingham doing consulting and not selling my soul to The Man.

Live simply, work efficiently, and set no alarm.

I found another picture of a sail we took in December (above). The day was quite chilly and then the sun went down and I froze - in spite of foul weather gear, sweater, thermals, gloves, hats, etc. I didn't complain though, as your sail is only as enjoyable as the most miserable person makes it. This day was around freezing.

There are 178 islands in the San Juans. The one in the picture is either Lummi or Orcas. Or maybe not.

No comments: