Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tuesday...

"The sun will shine in my back door someday." -Traditional

Tuesdays have traditionally been my Day of Leisure. However, today started off busy. Meetings in the morning. Then I went to the coffee shop around three for an afternoon work session. At 3:03, I got a phone call asking me if I could be at the marina by 3:30 for an afternoon sail. I told him absolutely not. But I could be there by 3:45. It's only ten minutes by bike to the marina, so I left in twenty or thirty minutes.

Five of us went out.
The boat was a meticulously maintained Cal 30-ish. Beautiful winds from the southwest then shifting to the northwest. This will be the nicest day this week, as clouds, cold and rain roll in this weekend. (I wish I had a picture of it, but all I can find is a picture looking out the back door taken in the Spring.) These are all very seasoned sailors, but I tried to hold my own. Christ, I can't tell the cunningham sheet from the boom vang sheet. But it quickly came back.

At any rate, time to work for an hour or two. The work needs to get done sometime. Gotta feed the machine.

No comments: