Thursday, August 23, 2007

"I've always wanted to sail to the south seas, but I can't afford it." What these men can't afford is not to go. They are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of "security." And in the worship of security we fling our lives beneath the wheels of routine - and before we know it our lives are gone."
- Sterling Hayden

Yes, I believe I had a meltdown earlier this week. Fortunately things always turn around. When one door closes, another opens - as Bob Marley says.

It didn't help that I became engrossed by a 500-page book called Wanderer by Sterling Hayden. The friend that lent it to me told me she couldn't put it down and finished it in three nights. It took me five. His writing style reminds me somewhat of Kerouac. And the lifestyle is somewhat early beat. I am glad when I pick up a book like this, as it reinvigorates my passion for reading.

I know, I need to get some different picture subject matter. But I always forget to carry my camera. Tomorrow I am going to a picnic, so I will be sure to take some pictures somewhere along the way. This pic is another along the Interurban Bike Path.

No comments: