Friday, August 3, 2007

A new day in Bellingham...


Click here to enlarge picture taken July 4th


I was riding my bike to work along the path the parallels the shoreline of the Puget Sound. The summer flowers were in full bloom along this one portion of this trail that descends to the park. I wanted to capture the moment, but didn't have a camera, so I made a trip back later in the day with camera in hand. The light was bad, so I decided to pass, and instead rode on to visit a friend who earlier piqued my interest with his blog.

He told me all about the technique for getting traffic to your blog and it almost overwhelmed me. Personally, I just want to write an online journal, and if you find it entertaining, stop back. I hope to update it periodically. Ideally daily, but that's a lofty goal. Eventually, this writing will condition me to finish one of my many stories I nearly completed. I write business plans to help pay the bills, so I am trying to break that habit, and return back to the free flowing style once possessed prior to being tainted by the world of business writing.

Oh, and I hope to only write for fifteen minutes per day, as I do not want this to envelop my life; there is too much to do here in Bellingham and time is fleeting. Tempis Fugit, I think is the term.

Five bells. Time to end the writing for the evening. Bon soir.

No comments: