Thursday, November 6, 2008

Boots

Here's a picture taken from today's Herald. The golden leaves scattered about town are beautiful, interspersed with the majestic evergreens. Although it poured today (again), it was a most refreshing day to be on a bike. Nothing is as great as showing up at a 7am meeting with the same feeling of just completing a powder run. And it is wonderful at this (ungodly) early hour to see the flicker of other bicycles' lights. I am very lucky to need not be confined to a car.

But I did buy a pair of Bean Boots online today (the 6" go perfect with rain pants). I don't know why more people do not wear them here, as they are perfect for this type of weather. Back east they were common, but that's just my Pennsylvania roots. And the last pair were acquired by me in 1985, so I do not think my spending habits are over the top here in Bellingham.

Nights like tonight: the clock strikes two bells (9pm) and you feel like it's midnight. But listening to a Pete Fountain CD borrowed from the library (of which I've frequent with regularity in hopes of relaxing and reading more over the winter) helps smooth out the evening.I am glad to be in a dry house with an ugly dog. She and my housemate returned safely home early this morning.

And if you feel like reading something interesting on global finances, click here.

No comments: