Sunday, November 9, 2008

Letting Go

One of those groups is coming around in a few days to pick up clothes that I want to donate. So I gather up some stuff that I've been moving around with me for the past few moves to give to charity. Somehow I don't think I need my first pair of boat shoes from when I owned my sailboat (I have two other pairs), or docksiders from the early eighties, or my two pair of Birkenstocks (c.1989 and 1995). The stories all these shoes could tell...

I know why my Sunday's slip away from me. It's because I get sucked into the Internet around eleven, and the next thing I know, it's mid-afternoon. Today I didn't turn on my computer until eight o'clock tonight and hope to have it turned off by nine.

Here's a picture from a friend's house over in the Columbia neighborhood I took this afternoon. She let me borrow a bike when my friend came in from out of town, so today I cleaned it up and returned it to her. Columbia has some of the older homes in Bellingham, and she and her husband are fixing up theirs.

A relaxing, cloudy day. At least it was warm and not rainy. Not much more to say.

No comments: