Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Fairhaven

"Your rain falls like crazy fingers
Peals of fragile thunder keeping time

Recall the days that still are to come
Some sing blue

Hang your heart on laughing willow
Stray down to the water
Deep Sea of Love

Beneath the sweet calm face of the sea
Swift undertow"
- Robert Hunter

I used to spend a lot of time in Fairhaven, where I did quite a bit of work. I really don't go there much anymore, but today I hung out a t Tony's Coffeehouse, did some stuff, enquired about yoga, and made a second trip down to Happy Valley where I got wet. I do not know why, but I didn''t feel like taking rain gear, and instead dealt with being quite wet drying, and getting less wet on the way home. I am glad I have a warm, dry home to go to with an uglydog that has the qualities in bed of a heated sandbag. And that's not all bad on a night like tonight when the wind is gusting to fifty-plus knots.

The picture abouve is from the Taylor Street dock looking towards the Fairhaven Boatworks with Orcas Island in the background - taken today. It is sort of blurry, but the top half of the island is enshrouded in clouds. Very ethereal, beautiful.

I was to post another heinously ugly house picture but decided not to. You'll probably be seeing today's pictures on this site for the next week anyway.

No comments: