Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ubuntu II

Today I entered a new world. I cast aside Microsoft garbage for an open source Linux operating system call Ubuntu. I never thought there would come a day where I could take a computer out of the box, plug it in, and use it within ten minutes. It's a Dell Inspiron 1525N and was surpriisingly inexpensive (around $650) and came withink a week. The screen is big and the laptop is dark blue. That's about the extent of my technological savviness. It even came with a charged battery! I am sure that you will hear more about Ubuntu as my experience progesses.

But I will probably not write tomorrow. We are going on a company retreat and will be out of cell and computer range, so it will be a night in the mountains - in Glacier, Washington.

The picture above was taken yesterday down along the water near Fairhaven looking north.

No comments: