Saturday, September 6, 2008

Garden Party

Tonight was a garden party at a friend's house amongst the tall majestic cedars and firs and spruces in her garden with bountiful fruits and veggies - a garden that has been in the works for years and years. This picture was taken sitting on the back porch looking at the majestic pines across the street at Cornwall Park.

When I go to places like this, it motivates me to keep at it on my garden. I have a much smaller yard, which is alright by me. But I've made some strides on the back yard this year and I am already planning for next year's enhancements, including the front.

Today was a typical cloudy morning that evolved into a beautiful day. It was a late morning where I spent an hour or two catching up on The Economist (probably the best magazine in existence) with the cool breeze blowing off the bay. And after tonight's chocolate run, a spontaneous conversation with a girl at the bike rack outside of Haggen's turned into a ride towards town together. I turned left onto B Street and she kept going into town.

It's the mellow days like today that I am pretty content with the life I live in Bellingham.

No comments: