Sunday, September 28, 2008

Oyster Run 2008


So here is a brief picture of what the 2008 Oyster Run looks like. Now I am not a big fan of large groups of people, nor am I a big fan of noisy Harley Davidsons. But considering it was an hour away and the largest biker event in the Pacific Northwest (thousands and thousands of bikes), I figured it was something worth seeing. But my air-cooled motorbike is built for the open road, not sitting in traffic, which was somewhat unnerving when a few drips of oil fell on the ground underneath the overheated crankcase.

But we went in for oyster shooters and drinks (me, a diet coke) and then took a spontaneous (sort of) turn south to LaConner, a town from where Tom Robbins hails. We had a late lunch at a pretty nice restaurant and (you guessed it) I had an oyster burger. All in all, a good day. And boy did I have bad luck with the law in the dinky town of Edison, Washington. Twice. But that's a story for another time. Thankfully I walk the straight and narrow these days.

And oddly enough we had another BMW airhead I knew from Bellingham pulled up beside us (while stopped for an accident on SR20 and we actually got off the motorbike and went over an talked to him and his wife for a few minutes in the stopped traffic - weird), and another friend we know from volunteering at the food bank. Fun.

No comments: