Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday

I sometimes do not think there are enough hours in the day. I have a hard times saying 'no'. So when an opportunity presents itself, I usually oblige. But I am learning to scale things back as my work pursuits begin to escalate and my being overwhelmed is no longer unanticipated and more manageable.

I write from my moonlighting gig tonight - speaking of which the full moon is absent from the front door of my little assemblage of consumer edibles and drinkables targeting to the more youthful demographic - and maybe the clouds are returning after a spectacular fall reprieve of rain. But an interesting article of note came across my electronic desk a few days ago. Upon reading this and seeing what the youth of today are up against firsthand, I am grateful that I am of the age that I am. Being in college now would suck.

Oh, and here is a picture from the camping trip earlier this summer. After lofty plans to camp every weekend, I only made it into the Cascades once. But it was still a great action-packed summer and one of fond memories. I am looking forward to relax this autumn. I hope.

No comments: