Monday, October 20, 2008

K-Mart

Here is where I began my illustrious career - the K-Mart in Dickson City, Pennsylvania. Today was a day of reminiscence. I hadn't been in this wonderful bastion of Mother Capitalism for at least twenty years. And the view from the parking lot was unforgettable. But it, like some things in Scranton, is totally different; other things in this town haven't changed since I left years ago.

And another thing that hasn't changed is the horrendous road construction traffic on I-81. Now I have been all over the US (all the lower forty-eight) and never have seen the back-ups (miles and miles) due solely to road work. I was told it sometimes takes hours to get through these construction zones. Amazing.

But it is time to head south. I am writing from one of my favorite haunts in Scranton - the Northern Lights Espresso Bar on the Courthouse Square in Downtown Scranton. I am really looking forward to getting home, although sleep tonight will probably be fragmented due to my 5:45am flight tomorrow. And it looks like this sun and cool weather will join me upon my return to Bellingham tomorrow.

No comments: