Thursday, October 9, 2008

Normal

A life back to normal. Busier than I'd like, but when I am complaining about not getting my eight hours of regular sleep, things cannot be that bad.

I do not know why I put that picture to the left. Maybe because I am neck deep with a local company that has been a life changing experience. As you muddle through life for years that turn into decades (and you wonder why you are doing what you are doing - feeling not unlike Sisyphus) and suddenly you look back upon the path you've taken, it all makes sense. I might be at that point right now. Many, many things are happening in work right now, but I usually do not use this space to go into detail. Instead I choose to talk about sunsets, motorbike rides, cycling and an ugly dog.

Another day, another triple digit loss in the Dow 30, and life is as usual. Considering roughly three quarters of the GDP is driven by consumer spending, the worst is yet to come. And considering that Christmas is when most retail sales occur, it will probably be a gloomy holiday season. My guess is a lot of media exposure on "low-key" gift giving this year. I know I probably will.

A quite cold day today (4* Celsius right now) but riding home tonight in wool and thermals, and still perspiring. Too early for wool, I guess.

No comments: