Friday, October 10, 2008

SeaTac

I didn't think it would happen so soon, but the East Coast beckons for business and I shall return there this weekend for ten days or so. I really would like to stay here in Bellingham, but getting away for a few days is enough for me to miss the onset of dreariness for the foreseeable future in the Pacific Northwest.

But tonight is a night where I need to do some ironing and pack my big 1960's vintage suitcase for ten days on the road. I bought it at my neighbors' garage sale last year. Usually I can pack lightly, but not this trip. Tomorrow around noon we leave SeaTac for Philly.

My writing may be scattered over the next few days, but stories from far away from Bellingham are sure to follow. Ports-of-call include Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Philly and New York. And Scranton too, where I lived much of my life. Which reminds me, I need to pack a camera.

No comments: