Thursday, November 29, 2007

New Riders

Dave Torbert, David Nelson, Mickey Hart, Jerry Garcia, John Dawson -1970

Tonight I go to see the New Riders of the Purple Sage. I don't know much about them, and I haven't even read the link that I posted above. But they obviously have ties to the Grateful Dead, and Jerry Garcia is in the picture above. So it might be cool to see a band whose song(s) that I saw Peter Rowan cover a few times - one being Panama Red (Old And In The Way also covered this song, a band in which Garcia and Rowan played). Oh wait, from what I see, maybe Rowan wrote it and NRPS made it famous. Whatever.

From the site:
"New Riders of the Purple Sage return to the Wild Buffalo stage for another outrageous show! Led by original members David Nelson and Buddy Cage, the current touring lineup includes Michael Falzarano (Hot Tuna) on guitar and vocals, Ronnie Penque (Stir Fried) on bass and vocals and Johnny Markowski (Stir Fried) on drums and vocals."

So there is a steady north wind tonight. Although thirty-six degrees, it is still clear and chilly. May snow this weekend. Brrr. Sometimes the Nor'easters come down through the Fraser Valley and the temperature will dip into the low teens. Then it is cold. Now it is just chilly. But a moist chilly. And when I am only in the house a bit, I don't turn the heat up (the cheapo that I am), so I am typing this with a cold nose and stiff fingers. But Thelonius Monk is playing; a CD that I picked up at the library yesterday, so how bad can it be? He may be the best musician ever. Next to Jerry. Gotta run. Almost show time.

No comments: