Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Subdued

So the nickname of Bellingham is the city of subdued excitement. And I think it is à propos. A mellow place, especially through the winter drearies, but with an everpresent sense of energy and vibrancy. I was going to rant about something today, but I cannot remember what.

This picture was taken back a few weeks or months ago. On the bike path where I was riding tonight in the very darkness. I might be making a trip to British Columbia this weekend, where usually a
fun time is to be had. Other than that, I am facing a pretty big challenge on the job front. But I don't really like to talk too much about work on here, so that discussion will be saved over a cup of coffee. Mmmm. Coffee. The lifeblood of the Bellingham winter.

A moist thirty-five degrees here is colder than a dry ten degrees back east. And it's amazing how much warmer forty0five feels versus thirty-five. Especially in the rain.

Oh, and New Riders of the Purple Sage are playing here Thursday.

No comments: