Sunday, April 27, 2008

Acclimate

This is a picture that I did not take, although it reminds me of a winter sunset when the sun pokes through in the sky clears in the late afternoon

Today I wasn't cold. I do not know why. I was in the fifties and rained here and there a good chunk of the day. I was outside in shorts and a t-shirt and sandals in the drizzle and surprisingly the chill did not bother me. I do not know why. A friend said that I finally acclimated to this chilly, damp climate. And I just accepted the fact that I would only be truly warm in this moist and cold climate roughly ten days out of the year. I recall that time being some time in August. But still, it was really odd that I wasn't cold today. Hmm.

I wish I had something to say, but the bed beckons. A busy weekend: On one hand having a friend help me build a chicken coop, and on the other hand getting the Bing carburetors back on the R60/6. Tomorrow will determine the success of the mechanical endeavor, while a few more days (or weeks) will be required to measure the success of the coop.

Another dream is a southbound trip next year on the BMW down the coast. Maybe take a few weeks and ship the bike back home. "I'll always be a dreamin' man, I don't have to understand..."

No comments: