Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Angst

Here is a picture in front of my place looking down the street to the school, some businesses, and the Cascade foothills. I don't know what they're technically called, but foothills sound neat.

Today was a nice day I am quite surprised and amazed at the numbers of bikes that I see on the streets of Bellingham. It seems more than prior years, although this is only my second full spring in Bellingham. But my neighbor said he's seen many, many more in recent years. And they've lived across the street for forty years.

After becoming an daily bike commuter, driving a car around town seems more and more ridiculous. Why would I subject myself to such self-induced angst and isolation? And the price of gas is how much? Good thing we have an oilman in the White House, but I digress.

The days of driving cross country on a hundred bucks in gas, a few cases of beer and a carton of Marlboro Reds are behind us forever.

No comments: