Sunday, April 20, 2008

Coop

So today a friend came over (that knows much more about carpentry than I ever will) to help begin the early stages of a chicken coop, and assess the viability of keeping chickens. It should work and in a few weeks I should have fresh eggs from the backyard.

There is a rather large movement (or so it seems that way since I am tapped into it) of people working on producing food in there yards. And not regular gardens, but more permaculture type gardens. It is neat to see this happening, and Bellingham is a perfect place to build momentum for this with its ample precipitation and temperate climate. Although it did snow today, but was warm enough that I broke quite a sweat riding down to Happy Valley tonight.

But to change the subject totally, to the right is a picture of carburetors (this isn't mine although it is similar) that I will attempt to clean and figure out why it is leaking. I am pushing the scope of my mechanical ability with this project, although I need a confidence builder and learn to conduct basic (basic?) maintenance on this bike if I ever will want to ride it any distance with confidence.

No comments: