Saturday, April 12, 2008

Moonlight

With spring on the run, I thought it might fun to get out of the house without spending a lot of money. So I offered to help a friend and moonlight at his store a few hours a week. Tonight was one such night. And it was a blast. To go hang out and do a carefree job isn't really a job after all, is it? And to see all sorts of people that come into this beer and wine and food store - many are WWU students, while many are not - is invigorating. And to learn the ways of the young hipsters in a hip college town in the Pacific Northwest is alright by me. And I think that I can still use words like dude and man with flair.

Some people might be shocked by me doing this; those that know me wouldn't be too surprised. But taking a few hours of down time to listen to loud reggae music while purveying wares to the Bellingham public is a noble service and a worthy use of my time. And the wine selection is good, and the beer is reasonably priced and diverse. And I can look out the window at the Cascades too.

But it is late and I am worn out. No picture tonight. Sorry.

No comments: