Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Spring

Yes, winter is behind us hopefully for good. Not much to say, other then looking to get out on a boat this summer. Here is a picture Gate 8, I believe, at Squalicum Harbor. For a bit I was a yacht broker and used to ply these docks selling sail and power boats. It was short lived, and I think I was done in by a 43' steel cutter that proved both unsalable and unsailable. But working on the water was a fun time.

Tonight, working at the food bank, tomorrow more of the same. The numbers of people are increasing at the food bank, a barometer that things are not too rosy in the local economy and times are tough. But it's nice to see some familiar faces and people are generally pleasant there - both volunteers and those using this fine institution.

Although the toughest part is ahead of me with the carb rebuild, attempting this instilled a new sense of confidence in me. But again, putting the pieces back together will be the true challenge.

No comments: