Sunday, April 13, 2008

Bees and Sharks

Tonight was a night watching the movie Sharkwater, but the DVD player was set to full screen, so we watched the version called Harkwate.

Geeze, from any environment scientific perspective, virtually all ecosystems are screwed on this planet. I read yesterday how the honey bees are being wiped out by an unknown pathogen. A beekeeper referenced in this article said he lost 80% of his hives.

I though Einstein said that humans can survive for only four years on the planet without the honey bee. Or maybe he didn't.

I did a tiny bit of gardening to begin the permaculture plot in the back yard. Maybe a 5mx6m plot (15'x20'). It is going to take quite a bit of cardboard, and I hope to gather most of it from the various businesses (like bike shops and appliance centers) located close by. And a friend offered his bike trailer, so that will be a big help. Some time soon I will have pictures, but I have made so little progress so far.

The picture was Saturday's sun. Today was cloudy. Again.

No comments: