Thursday, April 10, 2008

Lummi

Here is a cool symbol of the Lummi Nation, a local tribe right up the road from Bellingham. There was a huge celebration last year for the
Paddle to Lummi where tribes paddled from all over the Pacific Northwest. Unfortunately I missed it, although the pictures I saw were fascinating and rich.

But today I ventured to the Bellingham Grocery Outlet (or BGO), another wonderful place to get cheap groceries - all with exciting finds. Stepping into this store exposed me to another whole dimension of Bellingham, and it was an experience. This is one of many cheap grocers within five blocks: Sunshine Liquidators, Trader Joes, Youngstock's Produce, Bargainica, and that one two blocks away that I cannot remember the name of, although I've only been there once because it's mostly large restaurant quantities and and sizes

No comments: