Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dog's Life

I see Magilla and (the neighbor's dog) Shadow and it reminds me of the days of my youth when summer vacation kicked in and you did your morning chores and had the afternoon to do basically nothing - which in those days meant playing along the streams, or bike riding to the library, or journeying to nowhere, or the local rope swing, or building 'forts' in the woods. Or even an afternoon break from a sandlot baseball game to watch Tom & Jerry on the Philadelphia channel when cable was a new thing. I was told that you can learn things from your dog. Or relearn them. Or at least relive them.

But it is just as nice taking a break from the work day and typing for a few minutes here on this web log. It is still chilly here with a temp of fifteen degrees Celsius. Probably warmer in the sun, but the dog will need to be the judge of that, as I am chained to this computer for a few more hours.

And if my thoughts appears a bit scatterbrained, it is because they are. I am still decompressing from my trip back east. I did score a funky (albeit basic) t-shirt at a cool coffee shop in downtown Scranton where the coffee was quite good. I don't fully grasp the concept of the shirt, other than implication of Scranton being backwards?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look at Magilla
See Magilla play
Play Magilla play

Look at Shadow
See Shadow rest
Rest Shadow rest

Look at Shadow and Magilla
Sleep Shadow and magilla sleep