Saturday, June 21, 2008

Home

Beginning the descent into SeaTac and the many memories of the past few weeks turned to a blur. What city was I in when I met this person or that person and had the myriad conversations? I tallied that I stayed in thirteen places over roughly two-and-a-half weeks. Much of the trip will take awhile to sort out. But the fond memories will be with me for a lifetime. And the Michael Franti CD that a friend let me burn at the beginning of my trip in Cincinnati will always remind me of this trip back east.

For now, an event-filled summer awaits me in Bellingham – from sailing to camping to hiking to motorbike trips to Victoria. And there is a full summer planned with gatherings with all sorts of people from Bellingham – from my Summer Tour of Permaculture, to a Slow Food group I will be attending next weekend with my housemate (traditional meals enjoyed in a more relaxed setting), to the myriad other events that I forgot that I committed too (oops), as I have a problem with turning down invitations when it includes meeting like-minded people in my town.

Oh well, I hope I can post this in the airport, as I will have an hour or two before I catch my bus. Sooooo glad to be home.

And the picture is from a community garden I stumbled upon last week in Cleveland. Seeing things like this in the industrial northeast lifts my spirits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

welcome Home Jeff~ See you next weekend~