Thursday, June 12, 2008

World's End

In spite of the getting up at 5:30 this morning (the sun wakes you up more readily when sleeping in a tent with no fly), it turned ito another glorious day. It seems the place I camped at twenty
years ago (World's End State Park) no longer has any individual tent camping. So what turned out to be a fine day ended up with me pitching a tent in near darkess on same questionably legal land near the Loyalsock Creek. I still slept like a baby, as the smells and sounds of being in a tent quickly brought back great memories and made me realize why I am drawn to this area on my trips back east. Here is a picture of the Loyalsock, where we camped many summers.

And although I no longer go to the weekly Vippasana sittings at the local dharma hall, I find these gurgling streams to be very calming and spent a half hour (or hour?) in a hope to seek some meditative clarity. But I am also somewhat grungy today and I feel as though I am living the carefree days of yore with all my worldly belongings in the trunk.

I am still more than a week out from returning to Bellingham, and spending time alone is both refreshing but causes homesickness. More soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Beautiful country out there Jeff~ thanks for sharing this with us...we are envious (although a shower is required before meeting for coffee..please?)

Jeff Westcott said...

Why does it seem that you need to shower less in Bellingham? :~

Anonymous said...

I think that it is due to the continual (and I mean continual) amouunts of precipitation that we get here, making the need to shower unnecessary....

Misplaced said...

Good to find your blog.