Monday, June 23, 2008

Summer II

Probably the best thing Bellingham has going for it is its reputation for being cloudy and rainy. And it is. But summer is upon us and Bellingham is without question the most beautiful places I've spent a summer. And after returning from the east where a cold winter quickly changes into heat and humidity, I will gladly trade the many months of rain and clouds for this weather. I think the winter (and spring and fall) weather even accentuates the wondrous summer climate.

May people cannot tolerate the clouds, and many do not last (especially those from much sunnier climes) more than a few years. But I love the drizzle, and today - a day of sun and breeze and seventies - makes those dreary days seem a world away.

As is the trip I recently returned from of PA and Ohio. The memories and great times are now in the attics of my life. But great times lie ahead, and already the summer schedule is filling up. And I did get a tent yesterday, so I am all prepared to camp in the Cascades. More on my minimalist camping philosophy is sure to follow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool cartoon~ where did you get it from?

that is sooo funny....and oh so true~

Jeff Westcott said...

hey i thought YOU sent it to me!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes... I did...LOL~

But how appropriate~ the day you post it, is the day that summer finally hits Bellingham~
Or did you bring it back with you, from the East Coast?
Either way, I am not complaining~