Sunday, June 22, 2008

Summer

Here is a picture taken a few weeks back from a place where I really don't think I should have been at the other end of Cornwall.

Well it looks like summer is here. A morning of sleeping in, pancakes, and catching up on mail. And doing the thing I miss most when not in Bellingham: bicycling (after the dog and housemate, of course). I am glad to be back in this little corner of the world in the City of Subdued Excitement. And on my cruiser.

And my trip back east of chaotic sleep and eating shed seven pounds. But with spring in bloom here in temperate Cascadia, many of the vegetables are already being harvested - this means pot lucks (two so far in the next month - one at my place) made with fresh and bountiful local produce. That loss will be short lived.

But on another note, the aphids bombarded me when walking under the hawthorn tree today, so it looks like I will need to employ broods of lacewings to get rid of these things. Off to the library to return a book, and the nightly visits to watch the sun set will hopefully return quite soon. It is that time of the year. Seventies and sun: Summer.

No comments: