Tuesday, June 3, 2008

More Bay

Here is another picture taken from a truck we drove around SF with someone I work with. It was plenty of fun to drive around in a big beefy box truck getting my hands (and clothes) dirty. After being a spreadsheet jockey for much of my life, it is good to do some things with my hands in my work life. Yes, I work on motorbikes, sailboats, gardens and bicycles, but getting out in the cab of a truck is always a welcome change. Productivity is measured differently in these types of jobs, so it is aways nice to to gain a different perspective by doing this. Yeah, the picture is not very good, but the memories it elicits are for me for probably greater than for you.

Today is a day that the East Coast sounds tempting: Rain, followed by drizzle, followed by clouds. But the east is experiencing temperature in the nineties. A friend stopped by today and the three of us decided that the crummy Bellingham weather is still preferable to heat and humidity the the other parts of the country already (or will increasingly) see. But I am looking forward to the visiting and fun of friends and family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man o man, are you trying to make me homesick? so close to where I used to live....mere miles away... loved the old bay Bridge.. but being a 'hamster is still great~

thanks for the walk down memory lane..more pics...