Saturday, March 21, 2009

Bike + Garden

Today was one of the fun events that I organize. It's the second Spring Tour where we bike around to local gardens and see how people are producing decent amounts of food on small plots of land. Above is the first yard we went to in Happy Valley where most of the yard was removed for veggies and berries and herbs. The people that come, love learning much about all the local plants that grow in this climate and what works and what doesn't.

All in all, a great day with fine weather with people out everywhere.

Now I just need to keep forging ahead on my own garden, although this will be my third full summer gardening in this house's yard, so things are beginning to take off and fill in. I plan on hanging my hat in this town for awhile anyway, so I've come to realize that I am no hurry anyway.

No comments: