Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Gone

Here is the final picture of the VW that has gone to its new home. This was taken in the clouds up on Mount Baker last Sunday when my brother visited. We almost made it to Artist's Point, which remains closed for much of the year. (Mount Baker supposedly gets the most snowfall in the world, or at least the US.) My skiing days are pretty much behind me, although I might be able to borrow a shop pass from a friend, so it would behoove me to take a trip to Mt. Baker Ski Area. But in Tahoe we lived less than five minutes from the Heavenly Stagecoach Lift, so driving ninety-plus minutes to the mountain is not too enticing. Only time will tell, as they had some snow on the mountain this past week. I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said: "If it was easy, it would be called snowboarding." I got a kick out of that.

Days here are in the low sixties and nights in the forties, so the crispness of fall is upon us. Leaves are changing, heavier fleece is pulled from the closets, Western students are returning to school.

I put the television away in the garage, as one channel limits your viewing choices, and I find I spent time watching silly sitcoms versus other more productive things like riding my bike or watching the sunset. Oh, and I did put a down payment on the motorcycle, as well as sign up for a safety class, so that should be interesting. I don't plan to ride a lot, especially on the interstate, but it will be nice to take trips to the mountains next spring or back to the peninsula.

I should get back to work, as I am making progress on this bloody spreadsheet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But Jeff,
I am sure that the new owner will love your VW as much as you did.....