Sunday, September 23, 2007

Two Wheels

Ok, so here is a picture of the bike I decided to make an offer on - a 1975 BMW R60/6. I don't really know a whole lot about bikes, but realize I am not one for Japanese styling, Harleys are a bit too loud, and British bikes are too unreliable. So I guess that narrows the field. This was a total fluke, and when I went to look at the BMW today, it turns out I know the owner. It needs minimal work, and a garage to spend its winters. Now I only need to take a safety class, and learn how to ride. I look forward to taking it on trips over to the peninsula, or places beyond. A lot has happened in the past few months.

Here is another picture off the starboard stern of the ferry on the way back from Port Townsend last week. When we realized the spectacular sunset was off the port quarter, the camera had run out of juice. I think Mount Olympus is visible among these mountains, although when asked, the person at the ferry terminal did not know.

Time to get ready for another week. And without a vehicle. The oddest thing is that my car alarm went off twice last night. Once around modnight and the other time around 3:30am. This is the first time it has ever gone off, so I do not know if it was a car prowl, or an alarm defect. It couldn't have happened at a more perfect time. Good-bye little white vee-dub, the car that effortlessly took us tens of thousands of miles around the USA with nary a complaint. {Sniffle} The only contiguous states that car hasn't traveled in were Florida, Georgia, South and North Carolina.

No comments: