Saturday, August 30, 2008

Cycles

Here is a picture taken a few weeks back high atop Mt. Constitution on Orcas from an old observation tower that was built in the 1930's (I think).

Today was a day of not much getting done, but tiring and tremendous fun. Yard work in the a.m. (chicken coop is almost done), then off on a jaunt down to Alger via Sudden Valley and back up to Bellingham - a bit chilly, as I forgot to put my liner back in my riding jacket. After burning my share of fossil fuels, I jumped on the cruiser for a sunset ride down to Fairhaven and then to some friends' house. Although I love the power and exhilaration of the BMW R60/6, I must say I enjoy the simplicity and freshness of the bicycle.

Fortunately, I do no need to choose between the two; I can have both. I hit one of those spots tonight on my ride (through roads, alleys and bike paths of Bellingham) where I realized that this is about as good as it gets. Even with the lumpy Labor Day tourists.

No comments: