Wednesday, August 27, 2008

South

Yesterday's picture was looking east. This picture is looking south towards the Chuckanuts (I believe). Towards the bottom of this picture (in front of the blue car) is the new food bank where we volunteer pretty much every Wednesday. It's actually some of the most laughs I have during the week, and I can see why some have volunteered there for decades. The ages of the volunteers range from ten to eighty years of age.

A cycling friend once told me "I don't always like bike riding, but I always like having ridden." Today was one such day - a brisk headwind all the way to work, but fortunately only three or four miles. And no rain. The wind held up, and a nice tailwind helped pushed me home.

Not much more happening here in the cloudy city of subdued excitement. My neighbor sarcastically commented to me this morning that "our two weeks of summer are over. " Models of climate change project that the Cascades will get more rain and clouds. God no.

No comments: