Thursday, August 21, 2008

Greenways

Bellinghamsters love Greenways. The city has a web of these trails and I still stumble upon new ones still that seem to be hidden within the neighborhoods. Here is a map of all the trails (it's a pretty large file) in the city. (The trail near my place is on page 13.)

But it would be great to my suggestion (among many others, evidently) to bisect this proposed cluster of homes. Although it will only be a block or two long, it is still another greenway in Bellingham. This iteration may never see daylight, as the process still has much opportunity to become a watered down piece of Generica, but I have a high degree of hope. I was quite impressed by the civility of this process - mainly because most people were like minded.

But I see people opposing the high density, increased traffic, etc., but it may be done tastefully with mixed housing and some smaller cottages or bungalows. The neighborhood involvement in Bellingham is pretty interesting. I really like the people I've met in the community here.

No comments: