Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday

Today was a trip to Everett for a meeting and then home to have another work meeting at my place. I always viewed Everett unfavorably, since all I ever experienced there (via I-5) was congestion and construction and malls. But today I had a meeting downtown and the city has a cool vibe to it. And so does Zippy's Coffee House. Any place named after a dog is alright by me.

Tonight back in Bellingham is a relief. Writing early. Relaxing. But I will need to go do some work on a bike for someone. (I participate in an alternative currency here, and bike repair is my trade.) Most bike just need some cleaning and adjusting and surprisingly, they - especially the older ones - fare quite well.

Oh, and I didn't take the picture, but after looking at the description of it, it's actually the intersection of Everett Street (sb) at Depot Street somewhere in North Carolina. Funny how some parts of this country really are not too different from others. I could change it, but I'll hit the 'Publish Post' instead.

No comments: