Monday, August 25, 2008

Valves

Note the similarities in the markings.

So the valves were adjusted and all the pieces went back together with no leftover parts. My confidence level escalates with every one of the tasks on the motorbike. So we went for a ride later, and she seemed to run great.

So there is a sequence of events in tuning this R60/6. So far I torqued the valve cover bolts (I think that's what they are called), gapped and cleaned the plugs, adjusted the valves, and now to set the points, adjust the timing, and synch the carbs. If I sound like I am mechanically inclined, I do not think that I am. But having the right tools helps.

Oops. Need to take the garbage out. We have one can that gets picked up once a month. So it is an important night not to miss - fourth Tuesday morning of every month; the recycling bins get picked up every week. And it still amazes (and appalls) me how so many parts of the US still eschew recycling. One big trash can. But maybe that's one of the reasons I like Bellingham.

No comments: