Monday, August 18, 2008

Office

Here's a picture from where I spent a few hours working today. The Black Drop has some of the best coffee in Bellingham. I change my coffee shops around Bellingham like a nomadic or migratory being. Although it's only a few blocks from the other coffee shops, it seems much further away. Oddly enough, it's been a few years since I last frequented this place. Actually, my coffee shop rotation may be more akin to the rotation of the planets around the sun. The Drop (as I heard one girl yapping on her cell phone - one of the reasons I got turned off here a few years ago when I stopped coming - refer to it as) is on a two-year rotation: intimate and funky and they play good music at a nice volume and the impassioned baristas treat each drink they make as though it is a piece of art. And it is.

Chilly breezes. Clouds. Drizzle. I remember this Bellingham.

No comments: