Saturday, August 2, 2008

Staurday

A good Saturday of relaxing and helping my housemate at the Farmers' Market where she works a stand. I went over there for coffee and to let her take a break for a few minutes. And to pick up some fresh garlic. Lots of leafy veggies are in season now. This picture was taken this morning, just as the clouds were burning off.

Her mom came to visit, so it is noce to have another guest. And more a friend is coming out in September too. It's nice to have visitors.

On another note, an interesting wave of evidence continues to surface showing the potential danger from cell phones emitting RF frequencies so close to the brain. Why is this not surprising? I personally think we will eventually see long-term effects from this, as the only significant evidence refuting this harmful claim is from the industry-funded studies. Imagine that.

Fortunately I do not use my phone much, a basic Nokia 2610, although I do need to use the headset more. Also, it fortunately gives off lower radiation levels (.56 W/kg) relative to its peers. I only imagine the myriad radio, television, wifi, microwave, cell phone, EMF and other waves enveloping us as we live in this industrialized world.

No comments: