Saturday, August 16, 2008

Hot

A busy day today of gardening - both setting up a community garden down in Fairhaven and the continuing with the garden at home. I am glad to have a small manageable yard, although the t0-do list still never seems to end. But I do find it rewarding and enjoyable to see the yard evolve over the course of the summer.

And tonight we rode over to get ice cream at the Public Market, and again I kicked myself for not bringing a camera. Every summer sunset is spectacular and tonight was no exception. But tonight is the down night after a party last night and one tomorrow night. And working on a resume for my housemate who is applying for a fellowship next winter.

Oh, and on a move of spontaneity, I picked up a new mattress. I don't even want to think the age of the old one. On to Craigslist tonight it went. Or later Bellingham Freecycle or Fourth Corner too. But being quite sore, I look forward to a good night's rest.

No comments: