Monday, August 4, 2008

Sniffle

On the advice of my housemate's mom, I picked up some Zicam swabs at the local Rite Aid, a store that has its roots in Scranton - the town where I was born. Then to K-mart on my semi-annual pilgrimage. K-mart is where I began my illustrious corporate career working as a cashier back in the early eighties. Today was a day of nostalgic reminiscence. I wonder why K-marts all smell the same way, and have smelled that way as long as I can recall?

Not much more to say. A day of sun. Mondays are not so bad when it's sunny and summertime in Bellingham. And the next two days will be in the low eighties, so maybe I will take this opportunity to warm up and dry out. This may be the only chance for me to get warm this year.

The picture above is of the feed and garden store on Railroad Ave looking north. This is where we get the dog food and other pet and garden stuff.

No comments: