Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Fish

Ralph Lloyd of Ferndale fly fishes for steelhead
in the south fork of the Nooksack River near
Van Zandt on Wednesday, Jan. 28, 2009.
"I've caught all four species of salmon here
before," Lloyd said.


Let me post a picture of someone that enjoyed the day more than I did. For me, it was a day of sleeping until eleven with a lazy dog that didn't resist. But I feel the sickness leaving my body, and tonight is a night of moonlighting while getting caught up on e-mails. Could they almost be under control?

Tomorrow is the dreadfully early day that I have of waking at six for a seven meeting. It's a networking meeting and I really do not have much need for networking anymore, as these are mostly local businesspersons that have been around the community for quite some time. But it's at the country club and the breakfast is very good too, so I keep going. And I am the one riding my bike while others are in their big shiny cars. Bu I'd bet they don't get to ride through the majestic, enshrouded firs of Cornwall Park on a Thursday dawn. Getting up early sucks, but the ride through the park is among my favorites.

I overheard someone at a party talking the other night about these excessive tides around the world. Two locations that came up on simple Google are the low-lying Marianas Islands and Venice. I wonder if these are the bellwethers of globabl climate change? It would make sense that ice melts around the ice caps and get redistributed around the world in liquid form. Just a hypothesis, as science is not my forte.

No comments: