Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Monday

I wonder when I was sick last? I never get really sick, but today was a day of feeling crummy enough to take Emergen-C, eat veggies and fruits and listening to some albums since my new turntable belt came on Saturday. The sensation of doing something you haven't done in years and years (and maybe decades) - such as moving the arm onto an LP and lowering the stylus to listen to an album - brings back memories and sensations from long ago. And listening to the crackle of Jackson Browne, as well as the deep bass that CDs just do not replicate. Compared to albums, CDs seem tinny.

Not much more to say. A long day both at my day job and my moonlighting gig. It is an interesting social fabric that is woven at the local convenience store (where a graduate degree is a prerequisite to working there - that's the running joke, at least) and knowing the comings and goings of many of the customers and engaging in discussions and understanding the integral part of the web it plays in the little community of Happy Valley.

"I'm going to rent myself a house
In the shade of the freeway
I'm going to pack my lunch in the morning
And go to work each day
And when the evening rolls around
I'll go on home and lay my body down
And when the morning light comes streaming in
I'll get up and do it again
Amen"
- The Pretender

No comments: