Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Weather (Again)

This picture was taken a few weeks back. It is the Nooksack River near Glacier, Washington. That's me staring up at the majestic and towering firs and cedars. The water, being mostly glacial runoff, is pristine. And cold.

So not to obsess on the weather, but I want to be a weatherman in Bellingham. (A friend told me that people that talk about the weather have nothing else to talk about. I most certainly do - just ask the girl at that listened to my stories ranging from New Orleans to biofuels at the coffee shop an hour ago.) How could they be more atrociously wrong? The forecast for today? Heavy rain, thunderstorms, hail, wind...90% chance. What really happened? Partly cloudy, a wee bit of drizzle, and the sun peeking through. I am not complaining though. It was a good day.

So I found that next week my fishing expedition takes me next Thursday from Squalicum Harbor aboard a 38' gillnetter. It should be an experience of a lifetime (for me, at least) and the season will last roughly seventy-two hours. I should be back in Saturday night. We are expected to be fishing the Strait of Juan de Fuca near Dungeness if weather permits.

No comments: