Saturday, October 20, 2007

Weekend?

Another picture taken while out on the fishing boat looking towards the peninsula. I think this fishing trip was one of the most interesting things I've done in a long, long time. Since then, the weather has turned totally crummy and I hope they are doing well out there and harvesting the bounty of the Puget Sound.

Me? I need to think what day today is. I was up late last night finishing putting together some financial statements that need to be e-mailed to Denver some time tonight. I am almost done, but it has been stressful getting these together. These are going to some investment bankers and my competence and credibility will be brought to front and center. They will get all seven workbooks (five sheets in each file) and have time to scrutinize them. This is the big leagues and I've done this before many times. "Buck up, Skippy," my inner self says. Maybe I'd rather be on a fishing boat in the driving wind and rain. That's a tough choice. I need to be a bit more confident; I am sure the financial statements will be fine.

I am on my third pot of coffee and second Grateful Dead bootleg. Work today, read up on biofuels tomorrow, and Tuesday shall be my day of leisure. I am picking up the BMW on Monday and I will go for a forty mile ride or so on mostly back roads to the Northern Cascades Highway. Maybe less, if I feel uncomfortable initially. Sixty-four and partly sunny. Ya gotta take what ya get in the fall here.

Back to work. And the rest of Set II: Space-> The Wheel-> All Along The Watchtower-> Morning Dew, E: U.S. Blues (Sam Boyd Silver Bowl, U.N.L.V., 1994-06-26)

No comments: