Sunday, January 27, 2008

Bowl

Tonight I did something I haven't done in years: went bowling. It was a friend's birthday and I thought I missed it, but didn't. Bowling was fun, as was the eighties music that permeated the very crowded bowling lanes. And I scored a 134 on the second game - possibly a lifetime record for me.

A day of meeting people, coffee and reading The Economist, working a bit, moving some furniture and hoping that tomorrow is a productive work day. And a mental to do list of what needs to be done on the house. The windward side (from the bay) takes quite a beating versus the lee side, so the former trim will need to be painted this summer.

This picture is on bike path taken of Reid Boiler Works, a living relic on the water when Bellingham used to be full of places like this and was more of a working bayfront. Soon this will get sucked up by developers and replaced with bland, generic condos full of cheap Chinese-made maritime-styled crap purchased at Pier One. Time for sleep.

No comments: