Friday, January 18, 2008

Tea

On a totally spontaneous decision, I found myself in a tea shop today and purchased this funky tea pot. I find I drink a lot of tea. And that keeps me quite warm. (Oh, and also to never take your fleece off.) So I a drinking some green tea from my olive tea pot. And sitting briefly on my front porch tonight, I realized that everything is quite green for January.

But I did some work and had to drive tonight. I really find I would rather not be in a car. Miles spent behind the wheel are like minutes of my life swirling down the drain. I'll be the first person to jump in a car a drive cross country, and can tell boundless stories about driving through the Atchafalaya or the Adirondacks. But driving this same stretch of I-5 is sheer tedium. (Someone is cranky tonight.)

Off to Vancouver tomorrow. Listening to Neil Young tonight:
"Well, all those headlines,
they just bore me now
I'm deep inside myself,
but I'll get out somehow,
And I'll stand before you,
and I'll bring
a smile to your eyes.
"

No comments: